The Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition, a Connections IN Health initiative, is pleased to announce its upcoming event, “The 2021 Asthma Summit: Controlling Asthma from the Doctor’s Office to Your Home” for clinicians, health care educators, and those with asthma and their caregivers on Thursday, August 26 from 10 am – 2 pm.
The event will explore strategies to:
- Optimize asthma control, clinically and in a larger societal context—environmental, financial and mental health
- Increase health literacy around asthma treatment and control among youth and adults
- Address ongoing issues related to COVID-19, asthma, vaccines and special considerations
- Provide easily accessible and relevant asthma resources on all presentations in addition to – being prepared for asthma peak week in September
- Get involved with the Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition
This is a free online event. This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™ and ANCC contact hours by Indiana University School of Medicine.
The 2021 Connections IN Health Annual Conference will be on September 16 from 10 am – 1 pm, with the theme of, “Coalition Resiliency in a Post Pandemic World.”
The Cardiovascular and Diabetes Coalition of Indiana, the Hoosier Health and Wellness Alliance, and the Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition invite you to join them as we highlight the awesome work they are accomplishing as a part of the Connections IN Health project and learn from experts in the field of community health!
During this FREE three hour virtual conference, the Connections IN Health Team and Coalition Members will share stories of resiliency, growth, and impact despite a worldwide pandemic.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn:
- How the Indiana Department of Health used data to drive their response to COVID-19
- Which tools are available to support local coalition work
- How the Connections IN Health project and coalitions have continued impactful work through a pandemic
- Why it is important for local coalitions to include mental health in efforts to address chronic disease
- How one local coalition has continued impactful work during a pandemic using cross sector collaboration and leveraging non-traditional partners
Connections IN Health is a team of experts, focused on some of Indiana’s most chronic conditions, including asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Connections IN Health is a program of the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. Learn more at ConnectionsINHealth.org.
The 2021 Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) Annual Meeting will be held in-person and virtually on Friday, September 24.
The keynote speaker will be Nancy Brown, MD, Yale School of Medicine Dean, who is also this year’s winner of the August M. Watanabe Prize in Translational Research.
Brown’s research helped inform the focus of this year’s annual meeting titled: Preventing the Smoldering Pandemic of Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome.
As we prepare for the event, the 2021 Indiana CTSI Annual Meeting is accepting proposals for poster presentations. Two-minute video presentations of your research (which will eventually need to be presented as a physical poster), will be judged within the categories of predoctoral, postdoctoral, and assistant professor. Video presentations of research that integrate the use of research service cores will also be evaluated. Up to six posters will be selected for live presentations as part of the Indiana CTSI’s annual meeting/general session. All other presentations chosen for the meeting will need to create a poster for presentation as part of the Indiana CTSI’s Annual Meeting poster session.
A tentative agenda will be shared here soon.
The Indiana Life Sciences Summit drives conversations and provides content on important and timely topics with speakers from Indiana’s life sciences community. Coming out of a global pandemic, this year’s virtual conference will focus on opportunities for the life sciences sector based on lessons learned, what needs to change and how to innovate moving forward.
Local and national thought leaders will provide their insights and perspectives; BioCrossroads will present their annual Watanabe Life Science Champion of the Year award; and they hope to have some surprises, too.
Stay tuned for more details and registration information coming in July.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 From 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
WHERE: Online VIRTUAL Event