This year’s Showcase will honor faculty, staff, and community partners who exemplify IUPUI’s commitment to deepen community engagement. The showcase will highlight the contributions of four IUPUI honorees.
The event concludes with a formal recognition of those graduating students who have been awarded the prestigious William M. Plater Civic Engagement Medallion for exemplary commitment to serve their community during their college career. You are invited to attend any and all parts of the event.
POSTER PRESENTATIONS from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in the Campus Center Atrium on the first level. It is mandatory that the lead presenter of an accepted presentation attend CES 2018 to present their work.
Working with Community Partners
- Examining the House Life Project through a Museum Lens
- Artifacts and Artifiction | Two years of Historical Preservation with the Ben Harrison Presidential Site
- Steelworkers Stories: Portraits of Lives in Flux
- A Comparative Study of Microfinance/Women’s Empowerment Initiatives in Africa and Latin America
Service Learning Courses
- Integrated Community Engaged Learning and Ethical Reflection (I-CELER)
- Improving Outcomes in Undergraduate Experiential Learning Capstone Courses with Community Partners
- Learning a Sociological Perspective of the HIV and AIDS Epidemic through Civic Engagement
Health Based Projects
- Committing to Ethical Global Service: a 7Elements at IUSM Service Learning Experience
- Enhancing Civic Engagement and Leadership through the Eagle’s Mentoring Program
- Promoting Healthy Populations through Effective Community Partnerships