IUPUI’s Ethics in Global Health Volunteerism Working Group would like to invite you, your colleagues & peers to join us in exploring the impacts of international health volunteering programs on students, universities and the communities they intend to serve.
Dr. Judith Lasker will visit the IUPUI campus as part of the International Festival on February 13-14 to lead a discussion on these issues, based on her book: “Hoping to Help: The Promises and Pitfalls of Global Health Volunteerism.”
To encourage engagement with these issues, the Working Group is making available copies of Dr. Lasker’s book for people to create book discussion groups using Dr. Lasker’s book.
- Min Group Size: 2
- Max Group Size: 10 (Note that one group can only receive up to 5 books)
- Read and Discuss Book, share knowledge gained with department & classes
- Share insights, issues and questions raised through discussion with event organizers
- Participate in at least one meeting during Judith Lasker’s visit.
TO APPLY: https://www.indiana.edu/∼forms/iupui_oia_forms/machform/view.php?id=103525
- Submit a description of your group, why the group is interested, and who will be participating in the form link above, also provided in the initial e-mail
- Place a request for number of books for the reading group