When circumstances prevent a Principal Investigator (PI) from completing their proposed project objectives by the award end date and funds are still available, the PI should consider a no-cost extension (NCE).
The PI should contact the CTSI Administrative Office about the NCE request to ensure it meets the guidelines of the grant mechanism.
In order to request a no-cost extension for all CTSI internal grants, please use the following instructions to help you through the process. Notably, a no-cost extension MUST be requested in advance of the end date of the award.
The PI should send the following information to email@example.com.
- Grant mechanism
- Principal Investigator
- Title of project and original expiration date
- Summary of work accomplished to date
- Reasons for delay in project and extension request
- New end date requested
- Copies of latest, approved, applicable regulatory documents
- Account number, remaining balance, and how the remaining funds will be spent during the extension