Affiliation : Notre Dame
Michael Pfrender, Ph.D
Manager: Melissa Stephens
The Genomics & Bioinformatics Core Facility (GBCF) at the University of Notre Dame offers comprehensive services and support for state-of-the-art genomics experiments and bioinformatics analysis.
GBCF services are designed to provide genomics solutions and acquire data for a broad range of applications including metagenomics, cancer genomics, microbial genomics, non-model system genomics, transcriptomics, and epigenomics. The GBCF offers support for a diverse research community that spans basic biomedical research in human disease, vector disease research (arthropod vectors and parasites), population genomics, and environmental genomics. Custom and specialty workflows are welcome.
Our computing facilities are equipped with high performance hardware and computational resources. The Bioinformatics team offers services for standard and custom genomics analysis, data management, bioinformatics tool development, and access to biocomputing resources. Consultation is encouraged to guide experimental design, and to provide assistance in identifying appropriate technology for specific research needs.
- Illumina RNA/DNA NGS library construction
- Illumina MiSeq sequencing
- Illumina NextSeq sequencing
- 10X Genomics single cell library construction and sequencing
- ABI3730XL Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- RNA/DNA quality control
- Covaris S220 high-intensity acoustic shearing
- Sage Science BluePippin automated size selection
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Custom and specialty NGS workflows
Email This Core