Indiana Center for Biomedical Innovation (ICBI) is hosting a virtual open house on Thursday, December 17 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am EST.
- Opening Remarks: (20 min)
- Chandan Sen, Professor of Surgery, Director, ICRM, Associate VP of Research, IU
- Sharon Moe, Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research, Co-Director of Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI)
- IU health speaker
- Virtual tour of the ICBI, Kevin Harvey, Facility Manager for ICBI (5 min)
- About 16 Tech, TBD (5 min)
- ICBI Startup Success Stories: (15 mins)
- Michael Coleman, President & CEO of Theratome BIO
- Joseph Trebly, Founder & CEO of Scioto Bioscience
- John Cheriyan, ICBI Fellow
- Role of IU Innovation and Commercialization Office, IU (5 min)
- Simran Trana, Associate VP of Innovation and Commercialization Office
- ICBI, General Q & A from attendees (10 min)
Indiana Center for Biomedical Innovation (ICBI) provides a platform for academic entrepreneurs to translate their discoveries into commercial products. ICBI was created in partnership with IU School of Medicine, IU Health, and the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) to support the IU School of Medicine’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Below are some of what the organization has to offer academic researchers on their journey to transform their discoveries into life-saving therapies.
ICBI provides fully equipped biology and chemistry laboratories, collaborative space, offices, conference rooms, funding and various research and development services. The center has assembled a special advisory council of life sciences leaders and entrepreneurs to provide guidance, mentorship, and connections.
In addition to its upcoming open house, the ICBI also offers several opportunities for training and mentoring to those wishing to create or run startup companies such as, its Entrepreneur in Residence Program, Innovation to Startup Forum, ICBI internship, Accelerating Women and Underrepresented Entrepreneurs (AWARE), and I-Corps training. ICBI also pairs s IU innovators with the local entrepreneur and investor community through the “Entrepreneur-Investor forum.”
The ICBI is located on 1800 N. Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46202, at the IU Health Methodist hospital. More information about the ICBI is available here.