Medical Technology Advance Program
The Indiana CTSI Medical Technology Advance Program (MTAP) has assembled a portfolio of technical, regulatory, and related educational resources to enable investigators to develop technologies and speed their progress towards clinical implementation.
- Facilitate access to advanced biomedical engineering capabilities at Purdue University for the design of medical devices and drug-delivery systems.
- Assist investigators with regulatory, preclinical and clinical trial planning early in the device development process.
- Support investigators with a complementary set of educational resources that include courses in medical device regulatory approvals and compliance, preclinical and clinical study design, bioethics and human subjects testing, and biomedical entrepreneurship and commercialization.
- Foster investigator partnerships with regional medical device and pharmaceutical companies, and subsequent widespread patient access to these technologies.
- Diminish the gap between engineering discovery and clinical impact through integrative approaches.
Extensive expertise and support are available in six inter-related domains:
Visit our technology centers sites below for more details on each center: