1400 E Angela Blvd
The Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) Retreat at University of Notre Dame will take place on Friday, February 21 at the IDEA Center’s Innovation Park from 9 am to 3:30 pm. The theme for this year’s retreat is research commercialization and innovation.
Registration for the retreat is required by February 12.
- 8:00 am — Check-in and continental breakfast
- 9:00 am — Welcome remarks — Bob Bernhard, PhD, Vice President for Research, University of Notre Dame
- 9:15 am — Opportunity and Challenges of Academic Technology Commercialization in Indiana — Jaipal Singh, PhD, Senior Research Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine; Director, Indiana Center for Biomedical Innovation
- 10:00 am — Break
- 10:15 am — University of Notre Dame Commercialization Process — James Thompson, Associate Vice President for Innovation and Executive Director for the Commercialization Engine Team, University of Notre Dame
- 10:45 am — Purdue University Commercialization Process — Brooke Beier, PhD, Vice President, Office of Technology Commercialization, Purdue Research Foundation
- 11:15 am — AXIS, the new venture mentoring program for health science companies in Indiana — Jay McGill, PhD, Chief Operating Officer, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- 11:30 am — Afternoon logistics — Melanie DeFord, Assistant Vice President for Research and Deputy Director, Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, University of Notre Dame
- 11:45 am — Lunch, poster session, Innovation Lab tours, tables for Indiana CTSI designated core facility information
- 2:00 pm — Indiana University Commercialization Process — Karen White, Executive Director, Innovation and Commercialization, Office of the Vice President for Research, Indiana University
- 2:30 pm — Break
- 2:45 pm — Notre Dame faculty commercialization panel — Brian Baker, PhD, Steve Buechler, PhD, Rick Billo, PhD (moderator: James Thompson)
- 3:15 pm — Closing remarks — Melanie DeFord