Connections IN Health is pleased to offer five free opportunities for Continuing Education credits. Even if you don’t require CE’s to retain your licensure, they can be equally beneficial as professional development opportunities and to learn more about hot topics in your field. Read on to learn about the recorded Connections IN Health summits and to find instructions for claiming your CE’s!
- The Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition, a Connections IN Health initiative, offered its 2nd Asthma Summit on August 25, 2022. The focus of the year’s summit was to support people with asthma and their caregivers, as well as to provide educational opportunities for doctors, nurses, and educators. The asthma summit is also available for 2.5 continuing education credits through November of 2023. If you did not participate in the summit live and would like to earn continuing education credits you can access the recording at this link.
- During the 2022 Hoosier Health and Wellness Alliance’s Food Justice Summit, presenters discussed the concept of food insecurity as it relates to the inequalities present within marginalized and minority communities. You can watch the recording and find instructions for claiming CE’s at the 2022 Hoosier Health and Wellness Alliance Summit: Building and Sustaining an Equitable Food System here. Continuing education credits are available through November of 2023 for those who were unable to participate in the live event.
- On February 16, 2023 and in observance of American Heart Month, the Cardiovascular and Diabetes Coalition of Indiana (CADI) held its inaugural CADI Summit. Participants heard from subject matter experts on a variety of topics, including the Invitation Program
model as a holistic approach to prevention and treatment of chronic disease, a Stroke Survivorship, and the American Heart Association (AHA) ended the Summit with for advocacy to improve cardiovascular health throughout Indiana. You can view the 2023 CADI Summit recording now, and don’t forget afterwards to follow instructions to claim your free 2.5 CE credits through March of 2024.
- On May 4th and in observance of World Asthma and Allergy Month, the Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition (InJAC) held its 3rd annual Asthma Summit. Participants heard from subject matter experts on a variety of topics related to asthma, environmental issues, a holistic approach to asthma treatment, and myths and facts about asthma and how trauma and stress affects chronic diseases. You can view the 2023 Asthma Summit recording now, and don’t forget afterwards to follow instructions to claim 2.75 CE credits through May of 2024.
- The Hoosier Health and Wellness Alliance (HHWA) hosted their second annual virtual food summit on June 21, 2023. Attendees of the “Find Your Fit: Growing Your Role and Cultivating Partnerships in The Food System summit” were greeted by food system content experts, successful community-based organizations working to create a more resilient food system infrastructure across the state, and national organizations seeking to help them reach success. By following this link, you too can hear from key speakers on how to find your fit, grow your role, and cultivate partnerships for a healthier Hoosier state! Then, follow these instructions to claim Continuing Education Credits through June of 2024.