This will be an ongoing, weekly post that will highlight the things you should have read (at least in MY opinion).
Articles you might have missed:
- The Pandemic Experts Are Not Okay. Always read Ed Yong.
- Months Into Virus Crisis, U.S. Cities Still Lack Testing Capacity, by Sarah Mervosh and Manny Fernandez.
- The Fullest Look Yet at the Racial Inequity of Coronavirus, by Richard A. Oppel Jr., Robert Gebeloff, K.K. Rebecca Lai, Will Wright and Mitch Smith.
- 239 Experts With One Big Claim: The Coronavirus Is Airborne, by Apoorva Mandavilli
Documents for your review:
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Spain (ENE-COVID): a nationwide, population-based seroepidemiological study. Even with the outbreak they suffered, the prevalence of COVID was actually quite low. It will be hard to reach herd immunity through infections.
What I’m reading:
- The lives upended around a $20 cheeseburger, by Jessica Contrera