This will be an ongoing, weekly post that will highlight the things you should have read (at least in MY opinion).
Articles you might have missed:
- Public-Health Experts Are Not Hypocrites, by Julia Marcus and Gregg Gonsalves
- F.D.A. Revokes Emergency Approval of Malaria Drugs Promoted by Trump, by Katie Thomas.
- Common Drug Reduces Coronavirus Deaths, Scientists Report, by Benjamin Mueller and Roni Caryn Rabin. I want to see a paper, but you should be aware of the news.
- STAT+ Conversations: A discussion with Dr. Ashish Jha, by Helen Branswell.
- England’s ‘World Beating’ System to Track the Virus Is Anything But, by Benjamin Mueller and Jane Bradley. We aren’t the only country having trouble.
What I’m writing:
- When Can Grandparents Meet the Newborn? My column in the NYT addresses a question on many minds these days.
- Health Disparities Among Black Persons in the US and Addressing Racism in the Health Care System. A column at JAMA on structural racism in health care.
What I’m reading:
- More Than a Meal, by a host of people.