Affiliation : Purdue University
Gregory Knipp, Ph.D.
Manager: Robyn McCain, BS, LATg
The Purdue Translational Pharmacology (PTP) Core conducts in vivo studies that avoid the stress-induced complications of biofluid collection and provide a translational model more closely aligned with drug metabolism in humans. The facility serves individual investigators, government entities and private companies. The PTP synergizes with the Metabolite Profiling Facility in the Bindley Bioscience Center, which facilitates the pharmacological analysis of samples collected during the studies.
- ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, elimination) studies
- Drug formulation studies to test alternate dosage forms
- Pharmacokinetic evaluations of drug candidates
- Bioavailability and first pass metabolism studies (rats)
- Toxicology studies
- Pharmacodynamic studies to examine physiological effects of compounds
- Gross motor activity
- Food and water intake
- Human disease models in swine
- Pre- and post study support services
Email This Core