The National Council on Aging (NCOA) is calling out to all people with one message this week…. Falling down is not a normal part of aging.
Falls Prevention Awareness Week, observed from September 21-25, 2020, is designed to spotlight the truth about falling. Though it can be a common misconception, falling is not only not part of life but there are resources to reduce your risk. During these times, there should be no need for you or your loved ones to have extra worry about what the next day will bring. So, NCOA, in partnership with the Administration for Community Living, has compiled the following list of resources to highlight this week’s programming, tips for the future, and, most importantly, spread the word that falling can be prevented!
Resources for Older Adults
● Falls Free CheckUp: Answer 12 questions to assess your risk. Also en español.
● Videos: See how you can prevent falls.
● Practical tips: Steps you can take right now. Also en español.
● Falls prevention programs: Find one near you. If your state is inactive, contact email@example.com.
● Facebook Live: Plan now to join us!
English: September 23 at 6:30pm EST
En español: September 24 at 6:30pm EST
Resources for Professionals
● Toolkit: Find marketing materials in English and Spanish to spread the word in your
community from the National Council on Aging.