Are you looking for ways to learn more about asthma?
One of the goals of the 2021 Indiana Asthma Plan and the Infrastructure working group within the Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition (InJAC) is to increase the number of asthma educators in Indiana. The more asthma educators in Indiana, the more information and resources are available to help those with asthma and their caregivers.
Below you will find both free and fee-based asthma education programs. The Infrastructure working group put together this list to assist in increasing the number of community asthma educators and make education more accessible in rural areas, helping InJAC to measure and drive progress towards having more asthma educators in Indiana. Here is a link to a downloadable version of these educational opportunities.
The following is a list of Free Asthma Education Programs:
- Wee Breathers (Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America)
- Designed for Healthcare Professionals
- Asthma Management and Education Online (Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America)
- Designed for Allied Health Professionals with a focus on Respiratory Therapists and Nurses
- Asthma Education for the Community Health Worker (Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition)
- Designed for Community Health Workers & Healthcare Professionals. It may also be suitable for non-clinical persons
- Asthma Basics (American Lung Association )
- Designed for Professionals or Individuals with asthma or Parents
- Asthma Care for Adults (Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America)
- Designed for Asthma Patients and their Caregivers
Free, Specialized Asthma Programs:
The following is a list of Fee-Based Asthma Education Programs:
Fee-Based Certified Asthma Educator Prep Courses: