The Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition, a Connections IN Health initiative, offered its 2nd Asthma Summit on August 25, 2022 from 10am-2pm EST. The focus of this year’s summit was to support people with asthma and their caregivers, as well as to provide educational opportunities for doctors, nurses, and educators. The asthma summit is also available for 2.5 continuing education credits through November of 2023. If you did not participate in the summit live and would like to earn continuing education credits you can access the recording at this link.
Speakers and topics include:
• Dr. Praveen Akuthota: Virtual Healthcare for Asthma
• Dr. Kirsten Kloepfer: Allergies and Asthma
• Dr. Nadia Krupp: Difficult to Treat Asthma
• Dr. Maureen McQuillan: Asthma and Mental Health
• Coalition workgroup leads each did a brief presentation on: Quality of Care, Improving Asthma Infrastructure and Environmental Triggers.
Additional information and resources from the Asthma Summit include:
- An asthma diary created to help you track your asthma triggers and symptoms in an organized way that can be shared with your care provider.
- Reducing exposure to asthma triggers can improve conditions where people with asthma live, learn, work and play.
- Community Health Worker’s are invited to participate in a free online asthma education program.
- Everyone can have a healthy home. This checklist and accompanying illustrations show some key action steps to take in each room and area of the home. This resource also includes a home assessment for home visitors and a brief guide to mold and moisture.
- Spanish– A trained home visitor can help find common asthma triggers in homes and discuss ways to reduce and remove triggers. Removing asthma triggers in the home, along with proper medical care can improve health. Using this home assessment can help make homes healthier.
- Spanish– Reducing exposure to asthma triggers can improve conditions where people with asthma live, learn, work and play.
- Spanish– Healthy Home Maintenance Checklist
- Spanish– A brief guide to mold and moisture